VETERANS CARE IN PHILADELPHIA, PA
TO ALL WHO HAVE SERVED, PAST AND PRESENT,
WE THANK YOU!
DID YOU KNOW? The VAMC offers Programs like Medical Companion, Home Health Aide, and Respite to Veterans. Funds are also available to Veterans and surviving spouses of Veterans to assist them with paying for a caregiver to come to their home.
Premier Home Care is a proud provider of in-home Veteran care!
What services are covered under insurance?
Home Health Care services are covered 100% by veteran benefits (Optum and Tricare) and Medicare. Premier Home Care accepts veteran benefits and Medicare.
Home Care services can be covered under veteran benefits for those that qualify. To find out if you qualify make an appointment at your local VAMC and speak with a social worker. Private pay home care services are always available until veteran benefits are active and also to supplement what the veteran benefits do not cover.
What is the Veterans Aid & Attendance Pension?
This government program makes it possible for veterans and their surviving spouse to receive tax-free benefits that will pay for nursing care at home or the option to move to an assisted living facility prescribed by a doctor. You are eligible to receive this pension if you or your spouse:
- Served on active duty for at least 90 days
- Served at least one day during a period of war
- Received an honorable discharge
- Have been instructed by a doctor that daily living assistance is needed
- Meet the income and financial requirements set by the VA
- Are you a veteran or the surviving spouse of a veteran who served at least 90 days on active duty, at least one day during wartime with an honorable or general discharge? (Persian Gulf War veterans must have two years of active duty or the full period of which they were called for active duty.)
- Do you have a non service-connected medical condition causing you to need assistance with activities of daily living?
- Do you have a net worth at or less than $130,773? (limit established by Congress 12.1.2020) A primary residence and auto are not counted as part of net worth. Ongoing non-reimbursable medical and long-term care expenses may reduce your countable income.
Did you serve during one of the VA Defined War Periods
- World War II: Dec 7, 1941-Dec. 31, 1946
- Korean Conflict: June 27, 1950-Jan. 31, 1955
- Vietnam Era: Aug. 5, 1964-May 7, 1975 For veterans who served Feb. 28, 1961-Aug 5, 1964, must have served “in country” (Vietnam).
- Persian Gulf War: Aug 2, 1990- date to be prescribed by Presidential proclamation or law. Must have served active duty for two years or the full period of which the veteran was called for active duty.
How Can You Apply for Veterans Aid & Attendance Pension?
The application process to receive the Aid and Attendance benefit is one that is rather long, and it could take a few weeks beginning to end. However, applicants that get approved will receive retroactive benefits that can be traced back to the original application date. And there are plenty of resources available should you need help in getting the process going. The Corporal Michael J. Crescenz VAMC provides the state’s vets with a full selection of services designed to help them out. This includes assisted living homes, legal aid, help with Veterans Administration claims, and more. The VAMC works in conjunction with County Veteran Service Offices (CVSO) in order to help vets and their families with benefits, referrals, and advocacy in general for FREE. To find the closest CVSO nearest you, visit countyprint.pdf (pa.gov)
For ALL inquiries about Veteran Benefits and how to apply please visit: https://www.philadelphia.va.gov
Address 3900 Woodland Ave., Phila PA 19104
Premier Home Care is a proud supporter of our Veterans. We strongly encourage anyone looking for help with their benefits to contact their local Veteran Affairs Medical Center directly. A VSO nearest to you can help with the application but not with asset allocation. For assistance with asset allocation please contact a local trusted elder law care attorney or financial planner.